HABC Level 2 International Award in Fire Safety Training
What is Highfield Level 2 International Award in Fire Safety Training?
The Highfield Level 2 International Award in Fire Safety Course aims to equip learners with knowledge about workplace fire risks and their prevention.
This course encompasses topics such as fire hazards assessment, measures for fire prevention and control, fire evacuation protocols, and the legal aspects of workplace fire safety.
Who can attend Highfield Level 2 International Award in Fire Safety Training?
This qualification is for those responsible for workplace fire safety and those interested in gaining knowledge and skills in the field. It includes employers, managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens, and employees across industries.
The course methodology: Power-point Presentation, discussion, videos, exercises, and case studies:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
- Describe the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished
- Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely
- Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used
- Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
- If they are not in their designated areas of responsibility when the alarm is raised
- Outline the content of a fire safety briefing
Course Duration is Seven Hours.
How is the Course Assessed?
Evaluation of theory through multiple-choice questions.
Certification & Validity
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will receive a globally recognized HABC certification.
Explore More Courses You Might Be Interested In.